Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt

Genexis Titanium in Bridge
15.05.2017, 14:28,

Genexis Titanium in Bridge
Hey guys,

This weekend I've been tinkering with getting my Genexis router into bridge mode. I'm from The Netherlands, and like many of you we have a lot of providers that simply refuse to put the device into bridge mode, or force you to get a business contract of 30-40 euro more, per month. So that's simply a no-go. But tinkering with the device, getting it into bridge mode.. I quickly found out it was a lot harder than I originally anticipated.

When I started messing with restoring a "faulty" Config file I couldn't get past the unique hash that's on the config file, which lead me to this forum.

I saw some threads where users like dg1yiq spent a great amount of time on getting past the security of the HRG1000, to put the router in bridge mode or to flash alternative firmware such as OpenWRT. However, I saw it has not been actively updated since mid 2016.

What's the status of this? Is there any user still working on a hack to get the Genexis router into bridge mode (or the other way around, I also saw users who wanted to it into router mode)?

If not, can any of you share with me what's already been tried? For example, how is the hash calculated on the config file, and is there any way to currently SSH into the device?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kind regards,

AJ
16.05.2017, 23:01,

RE: Genexis Titanium in Bridge
(15.05.2017, 14:28)klaartje443 schrieb:  Is there any user still working on a hack to get the Genexis router into bridge mode (or the other way around, I also saw users who wanted to it into router mode)?

The situation in Germany has changed because ISPs are required by a new law to allow free choice of router ("Routerfreiheit"), at least for new contracts. So, practically anyone who wants to use their own router can have the Genexis router put into bridge mode. Also, Deutsche Glasfaser uses a different setup in new installations: A Genexis P2410 as network termination performing remote diagnostic functions and media conversion, and a separate router for the rest. Bridge mode is essentially the default now. These new developments may have somewhat reduced the desire to hack the Genexis Titanium.

Thread options
[-]
Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste